[MPlayer-dev-eng] running a program with a keystroke - passing playing filename to it

Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva tolkiendili at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:16:04 CET 2011

2011/1/3 Clément Bœsch <ubitux at gmail.com>:

> Shall we apply this then? It's a pity a lot of interesting patches get
> lost like this, and more importantly, potential contributors…

Maybe I got things confused by sending many patches in the same thread.

The property expansion patch seems cleaner, but I don't know a
property to return exactly what I need (${time_pos} returns with
resolution up to a second, like 1:21, and I want a resolution like
81.323312).

I also had quoting problems for filenames that has either ' or "
(since run command runs /bin/sh, and it has its own quoting quirks..),
that maybe could be solved with some trick (the way I see is to pass
the filename as an additional parameter, and refer to it with "$1" -
in another patch).

So although I sent both, property expansion doesn't seem to do what I
need. So I'm using the environment variable patch myself.