[MPlayer-dev-eng] the great reformatting

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Sun Feb 20 23:54:20 CET 2011

Clément Boesch wrote on Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:43:45 +0100:

> But there is a setting I'd like to point out in code modifying section:

>     mod_full_brace_if_chain                  = false    # false/true

> This setting is great because it makes the if/elseif/else form really
> consistent, but it will break some code if set on true (code with define)
> just like Reimar mentioned. So better not to use it.

I generally think that code modification is a bad idea and that the whole
mod_ settings shouldn't be used. Whitespace modification ok, but code...

> 2. Can we start to use it randomly in a few parts or do we want to make
>    the uncrustification in one row? I'm almost certain it will never be up
>    to our expectations in the whole project so maybe not wait much to
>    reindent for instance the GUI or... mmmh... subtitles stuff? :)

I'd like to reformat the GUI files one by one by myself whenever I start
looking through a new one. As soon as I've finished the two patches I'm
currently working on, I will start the uncrustification on the first few
files and post prior to committing for a review.

> 3. Anyone has the motivation to report bugs to uncrustify (sf) ?

The list seems rather deserted (or is used read-only by the author).

Ingo