[MPlayer-dev-eng] Starting audio delay of -24 ms?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Aug 1 18:18:08 CEST 2011

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 17:57:50 +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>I have an avi/xvid file here that has a starting audio/video delay value of
>-24 ms which means that I get 76 ms with pressing the plus and -124 ms with
>pressing the minus key once.
>
>Other files are fine (starting with 0 ms), so I'm wondering whether a file
>can already have a starting delay or if there might be a bug in mplayer.

files can have starting delays.

there is some option (either in ffmpeg or mplayer) to show timestamps,
but i dont remember it atm.

i remember a while back there were some wmv files that had starting
delays, but there was an mplayer bug. so you might be hitting a bug.
try uploading your sample somewhere.

-compn