[MPlayer-dev-eng] Hardware acceleration with fbdev

Roman Byshko rbyshko at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 21:12:49 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm interested in hardware acceleration for fbdev, as I would like to
watch movies without X Server (and I do not like software scaling and
decoding).
As I understood for this purpose vidix drivers should be used. Or
there are any other possibilities?

Also, vidix does not support Intel graphic cards at the moment. Are
there any plans/intends/willingness to have it implemented?

And another general question. What is the state of vidix? I've browsed
the svn history and mailing list. There is no so much going on. Are
vidix API and drivers in legasy state?

Best regards,
Roman