[MPlayer-dev-eng] The GUI and the configuration files

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Apr 25 16:28:46 CEST 2011

Le sextidi 6 floréal, an CCXIX, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
> Hm. I tend to find those kind of question rather annoying with all the
> clicking, but then that's probably the reason I avoid GUIs in general.

+1, but don't you hate it too when, just because you enlarged your web
browser window to see some page, suddenly all your web browser windows start
huge? Or even worse, you have put a wrong combination of options, you
restart the application hoping to get the defaults back, and you realize
that the wrong options have been saved?

> Only adding a "save" button seems like a rather bad idea, it's too easy to
> forget to click.
> I guess having ok, cancel and save & close might work, but I don't really
> have a clue about GUI design.

Maybe an additional GUI-only option: "automatically save options:
yes/no/ask", plus a save button.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George