[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Tested] bug in loading ac3 by -audiofile: seeking, time position

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Apr 25 10:55:56 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 09:26:23AM +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> 2011/4/25 Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>:
> > That other bug should now be fixed as well with SVN r33325.
> > Though I think somethings wrong with the lavf demuxer, I suspect
> > some of the streams that should be disabled are not.
>
> Wohoo, it works! Once again: thanks, thanks a lot :)

Great, and please consider using -users list next time, this
wasn't really the right place (I got carried away by my curiosity
otherwise I'd have said that earlier).
Also providing the exactly files and command-line you used can
help a lot speeding up fixing.
samples.multimedia.cx is a good source of samples, both for
others to test with and to verify e.g. theories if a whole
group of files or only very specific ones are affected.

> 2) -audiofile file.ac3 -demuxer mkv
> a) Audio is synced *after seeking*
> b) Time position is kind of correct, even after seeking
> c) Video is choppy, OSD shows time: 00:00:00 → 00:00:01 → 00:00:00 →
> 00:00:01 → 00:00:02 → 00:00:01 → 00:00:02 → 00:00:03 → ...

-nocorrect-pts somewhat fixes it, but will cause other issues.

> d) Audio goes normal speed, so after a moment it gets our of sync
> e) Seeking causes syncing again
> This is not a regression, I've choppy video already earlier with -demux mkv.

I am slightly curious about this, but since -demuxer mkv is deprecated
it probably isn't worth investigating.

> 3) -audiofile file.ac3 -audio-demuxer 20 -rawaudio format=0x2000
> Just playing does not cause any out of sync. Problems:
> a) OSD displays current time position as "00:00:00" all the time

Not for me, OSD works just fine here.

> b) Seeking does not change time position, it's "00:00:00" all the time

That also works fine for me.

> c) Seeking affects audio but this is not synced

That is not surprising, the rawaudio demuxer just seeks based on
a guessed bitrate. So basically it just ends up "somewhere", generally
not where the video is/where it was supposed to end up.