[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Tested] bug in loading ac3 by -audiofile: seeking, time position

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 21:29:20 CEST 2011

I've some movie which works fine when playing without any extra
options. I can seek it, OSD displays current time position fine, no a
single problem with it. Let me underline that even seeking does not
cause any out of sync for a/v.

1) -audiofile file.ac3
Just playing does not cause any out of sync. Problems:
a) OSD displays current time position as "00:00:00" all the time
b) Seeking does not change time position, it's "00:00:00" all the time
c) Any seeking causes audio to be played from the beginning

2) -audiofile file.ac3 -audio-demuxer 20 -rawaudio format=0x2000
Just playing does not cause any out of sync. Problems:
a) OSD displays current time position as "00:00:00" all the time
b) Seeking does not change time position, it's "00:00:00" all the time
c) Seeking affects audio but this is not synced

3) mplayer2 does everything fine

Similar reports:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2004-July/046793.html
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-advusers/2010-March/001894.htmlї
http://superuser.com/questions/121470/mplayer-audio-desync

It seems nobody fully reported results earlier, so I wanted to let you
know about this.

Could someone take a look at this and fix this? Can I provide more info?

--
Rafał