[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Apr 14 15:57:33 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 14:33:43 +0300
Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/14/11, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> >> yes i CCed them, no reply
> >
> > Do i read that correctly that you are expecting us to respond to your
> > request within 3 hours. And that you consider not getting an answer within
> > this time frame as no answer at all?
> >
> > If not, you should work on your formulation, otherwise nobody will
> > stay around you in the near future.

> >> with urgent delivery (1-3 days) its 300-400CHF if my guess of 25kg
> >
> > The server is most likely heavier than 30kg.
> > And dont forget the cost of getting the server out of the colo center
> > and packaging it. As i dont have time, it will most probably be
> > the provider of the rack space who will have to do it.
>
> I will try to me maximally constructive, even if I find it hard not to flame.
> Some of the questions apply to both roots of MPlayer project.

Good, at least someone who starts drafting a plan.
Why havent you send this mail a week ago?

> We will need your active cooperation in this . To the extent of you
> taking few days  vacation from you job, It is one time emergency. We
> will never bother you again after that.
> If  you can't find the time, then we expect you to prolong the deadline.

If i didnt knew you better, i would think you try to insult me here.
First, i cannot take off, even a day, on such a short notice.
And even if i could, i would not waste any of my precious vacation days
for this, especially not after you have wasted a full week bitching and
moaning instead of doing something.
But, i can give you the phone number of my superior, i'm sure he'd
happily give you a quote on how much it would cost you to borrow me
for a day or two.

> I hope you are not passively sabotaging the project, dragging feet
> with the hope to blame other for not meeting your deadline.

Err, what please?
The only ones who are dragging this are you guys, not me.
I provided everything requested as fast as i could. It is just
that NOBODY requested ANYTHING!

> I hope you are not actively trying to take revenge on everybody.

No. But i start to consider to talk to my lawyer about a certain
guy in Vienna who tries to dirty my name publicly.

> In case you wonder why we ignored your first proposition to transfer
> the server - your proposition subtly failed to mention/include the
> data on it. Waiting to calm down seemed wiser.

Again, nobody asked for any information. You could have done it, but
you didnt. Don't blame me for it.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin