[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Apr 13 14:25:44 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 01:27:43PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,

> > > Well, I guess also the home page repository. However I have to say I
> > would prefer a server switch not to be combined with a server switch, but
> > that of course depends on getting the SVN archives...
> >
> > It also depends on finding a volunteer who sets up and maintains the
> > svn stuff server side.
> > i know nothing about svns server side.
> > i dont know if arpi knows server side svn.
>
> i did setup svn server side, ssh based and webdav too, but i dont have
> big experience with them...
>
> if we get a full backup of mphq svn directory including the svn config files
> then it's easy... otherwise someone needs to rtfm a lot to setup access rights etc

iam just playing with svnsync locally here, but ive never used this
stuff before.

Either way, ive setup gitolite yesterday on ffmpeg.org (see user gil
and /home/gil)

and converted all svn repos (for which i knew their name)
to git and put them there. gitolite seems easy to admin and alot nicer
than raw git over ssh.

If the "leaders" of these projects send me their SSH key then i can
give them access to the gitolite admin repo and they can
add all the developers to their project (or remove them) as needed.

If we manage to move svn over too people would have the choice between
svn and git. Maybe we can setup cvs too :)

[...]

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin