[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Apr 12 22:01:05 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 08:55:21PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 12 Apr 2011, at 01:07, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > PS: tell me if the dvdnav clone is ok and if i should convert any
> > other svn repos (i dont know how to list all svn repos on mphq so i
> > dunno whats there)
>
> Well, I guess also the home page repository. However I have to say I would prefer a server switch not to be combined with a server switch, but that of course depends on getting the SVN archives...

It also depends on finding a volunteer who sets up and maintains the
svn stuff server side.
i know nothing about svns server side.
i dont know if arpi knows server side svn.
theres possibly soureforge or something like that that could be used
if noone volunteers
and theres the original idea of shiping the server (hopefully with data
on it). If that succeeds everything would be available without setup/
install.

[...]

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.