[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Apr 12 01:07:48 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:00:22PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> > > Don't know, probably a lot more than you think.
> >
> > I am not so convinced about the usefulness of the machine,
> > particularly since I wouldn't assume it would arrive in one piece.
> > Is someone willing and able to make a full-system backup (yes,
> > it is overkill, but there are several half-forgotten projects
> > hosted on mphq, I'd rather have overkill than too little) and
> > mail it to whereever needed?
> > Particularly if there's a EURO bank account, compensating
> > for (reasonable) expenses in both time and material shouldn't
> > be an issue.
> > Things I can think of particular interest beyond MPlayer, FFmpeg
> > SVN and homepages:
> > - samples
> > - incoming
> > - libvbe I think is somewhere around
> > - libdvdnav, libdvdread
>
> Yes, please save libdvd*. Nico, me and a few others are still
> developing it.

try:
 git clone git://ffmpeg.org/dvdnav

Thats just a quick conversion but i hope it can serve as an emergency
backup.
This does not sync with svn automatically and theres no ML hook, both
these could be fixed but i think if you want dvdnav moved to
git its better to setup gitosis or something similar on whereever
mplayerhq.hu will be
otherwise everyone who needs git write access would need to be added
to /etc/passwd and have a /home/name.

That said if you want to push changes into this (quick hack) repo
you can send me your ssh key, same for nico, i can set that up but
as said i think its better if arpi installs gitosis or something
(also arpi contact jb he runs gitosis + gitweb on videolan, and might
 help / awnser questions)

PS: tell me if the dvdnav clone is ok and if i should convert any
other svn repos (i dont know how to list all svn repos on mphq so i
dunno whats there)

[...]

If you think the mosad wants you dead since a long time then you are either
wrong or dead since a long time.