[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] all of FFmpeg as svn:external

Rowan James rowanj at phere.net
Mon Sep 27 02:24:23 CEST 2010

On 27/09/2010, at 6:13 AM, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 03:55:06PM -0300, Ramiro Polla wrote:
>
>> Hint3: add proper support for cross-compilation (as in *never* add
>> -I/usr/... to cflags and such). not related to this issue, just
>> thought I'd list it since I'm already pointing out things I don't like
>> about mplayer's configure...
>
> This is going to be tricky, but I think crosscompilation at least
> worked at some point...

If configure is pulling the host machine into the build environment,
set up your cross compiler tools under a chroot tree.

This is how I've always done it, having been bitten far too many
times by pieces of the host machine being pulled into builds.

Of course, these days VMs are the fashionable way to go...

Regards,
    - Rowan James