[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] all of FFmpeg as svn:external

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 20:55:06 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> Hrmpf, thanks for saving me from embarassment.  You are right, it's not
> that easy.  I had config.mak still lying around from the other version.
> I'll figure something out...

Hint: add support for out-of-tree builds.
Hint2: drop support for in-tree builds (ok, this one's a little far
fetched, but it would be great if people got used to doing out-of-tree
builds by default)
Hint3: add proper support for cross-compilation (as in *never* add
-I/usr/... to cflags and such). not related to this issue, just
thought I'd list it since I'm already pointing out things I don't like
about mplayer's configure...

(btw I'm not volunteering for any of those)