[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] all of FFmpeg as svn:external

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sun Sep 26 14:41:51 CEST 2010

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 14:07:32 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:56:12AM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>> Particularly since that second step in its current form without any documentation
>> will require anyone who used those options to spend hours to figure out
>> what the corresponding FFmpeg option is.
>> There is also the much larger issue that by using FFmpeg configure anyone
>> not specifying any options will lose support of mp3lame, vorbis, openjpeg,
>> x264, ..., that really is not user-friendly at all.
>
>Only those that we use exclusively through FFmpeg like openjpeg.  For
>the others I'm passing the appropriate options to FFmpeg's configure.

so ./configure --x264libdir=/x264/ becomes ./configure && cd ffmpeg
&& ./configure --enable-libx264 ?

if yes, what happens when mencoder -ovc x264 ? are you also going to
map it to -lavcopts vcodec=libx264 ? or maybe print a helpful tip?

note that i'm for the change, i'm just trying to predict future
bugreports. not many people use x264+mencoder since it cant output
correctly, but there is still -of rawvideo and this also goes for the
other libs (vorbis, faac?, mp3lame, xvid etc) too.

-compn