[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] all of FFmpeg as svn:external

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Sep 26 02:30:58 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:39:36AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> I have been working on changing the build system to use all of FFmpeg
> as a single svn:external instead of multiple svn:externals for each
> library that we use.
>
> This avoids duplicating much of the FFmpeg build system and indeed the
> diffstat is quite attractive:
>
>  Makefile   |   47 --
>  common.mak |  109 ------
>  configure  |  995 ++-----------------------------------------------------------
>  subdir.mak |  101 ------

OK, this has been cooking for long enough, here is an updated version.
The diffstat is looking even more charming:

 Makefile   |   52 ---
 common.mak |  113 ------
 configure  | 1043 ++-----------------------------------------------------------
 subdir.mak |  101 -----

One issue I'm still aware of is that we need to require the same version
of libmp3lame as FFmpeg or duplicate the check in our configure again.
Otherwise MPlayer's configure can go through and FFmpeg's subsequently
fails.  Upgrading the libmp3lame requirements seems like the cleanest
and simplest solution.

Since this is now working for me, I would like to soon commit it, so it
gets widespread testing.

All sorts of comments very welcome.

Diego