[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch 05&06] demux_mkv: add support for bzip2 compression, fix lzo compression

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Sep 13 17:17:02 CEST 2010

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:22:52 +0200, Rudolf Polzer wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 08:15:11PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>> > While I agree with Aurel that your efforts would be better
>> > spent on fixing any issue with the libavformat demuxer...
>> > Please read DOCS/tech/svn-howto.txt and if you're ok with it
>> > (in particular the policy) then please email your desired username
>> > and password GPG-encrypted to Diego and commit these patches
>> > yourself.
>
>Just mentioning that I am a user of -demuxer mkv and do not want it to go
>unless the lavf demuxer is a full replacement.

reimar means that you can have commit access if you agree to
DOCS/tech/svn-howto.txt and send your info to diego.

also that he would like you to commit this because he is busy
maintaining other code.

>I am getting nasty AV sync issues with the lavf demuxer and mencoder which
>don't happen in -demuxer mkv. Is likely a mencoder and not a demuxer issue, but
>still, very likely the lavf demuxer is somehow "more unfriendly" to mencoder
>than the mkv one.

for stuff like this to be fixed, you will have to upload a sample file
which shows the problem and report bug to http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu

but mostly mencoder is unmaintained. :(

-compn