[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] EDL seeking and timing

Etienne Buira etienne.buira at free.fr
Wed Sep 1 19:21:19 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 03:58:23PM -0400, Vlad Seryakov wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2010, at 9:29 AM, Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet wrote:
>
> > Hello Vlad, glad to see you are still trying to improve this.
> >
> > Vlad Seryakov wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Before sending a patch i'd like to consult first, here is the problem:
> >> [...]
> >
> > It sounds like a sane approach to me, as long as its implemented
> > as an added command line flag and the default behavior stays.
> >

> This patch adds new command line option-edl-adjust-pts, when specified all positions in the edl file will be added with start_pts for playback, and if used with -edlout, positions will be saved minus start_pts. In summary, this options converts positions in all EDL files to be relative starting from 0.
> Without this, everything works as it was before.
>
> Thanks

While adding a new options for adjusting pts, would it be possible to
handle the case where pts are wrapping around ?

In my case, I use EDL to cut TV shows records, and sometimes, I have a
"end pts < begin pts" (or alike, can't remember exactly) error when
writing the EDL.

However, I don't know mplayer codebase, nor I have an idea how to
cleanly handle this kind of cases (using something like "until now played
timestamp", counting numbers of wraps as well as their max/min), so,
sorry, no patch from me, except if I get leads on that.

Regards.