[MPlayer-dev-eng] Donating

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Oct 27 15:24:56 CEST 2010

Apparently this mail got stuck in the moderation queue, sorry for the
late reply.

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 03:46:19PM +0200, Laura wrote:

> There I visited http://www.mplayerhq.hu/ today I'm writing this email.
> I'm using open source software everyday and just saw your helpful project.

I'm glad to hear this.

> I would like to know more about donating.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/donations.html

This page lists individual wishes and we give credit to all donors there.

> Are there possibilities to donate and get acknowledged on your homepage?
> (like Init7)

Yes, but be aware that Init7 has provided us with bandwidth for many
years now.  We have a constant traffic of over 1MBit with spikes that
go much higher.  A link from a big FOSS project can boost your pagerank
quite a bit, so we would request appropriate ongoing support for a link
similar to the one to Init7.

Diego