[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to disable seek ?

Rowan James rowanj at phere.net
Tue Oct 5 10:49:26 CEST 2010

On 05/10/2010, at 7:01 PM, Andrei Katsuk wrote:

> How to disable seek for a start file (about 1 min)?

I'm pretty sure there's no way to do this as-is.  Also, if somebody has access to the controls, and the will to seek I think they should be allowed to; and what you're looking for seems like an anti-feature.

If you're really, really sure about this 'd suggest either splitting the part you don't want to be seekable to a different file, and invoking with:
mplayer -input nodefault-bindings unskippable_section.avi
mplayer everything_else.avi

Or you'll have to hack it in yourself.