[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer linking takes forever on MinGW

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 14:32:16 CET 2010

> did you disable superfetch/prefetch in w7? if not, try doing that.
> also disable any antivirus crapware (windows defender, etc)
> also turn off indexing on your hd

I've disabled superfetch anyway, I've tried without antivirus (MSE),
indexing is turned off.

In short - every attempt so far have failed.

Now I've installed Windows 7 in VMware and will continue the
investigation "inside", so at least I don't have to restart my real
computer after each failed attempt.

I will write if I find something new or a (temporary) fix.

> but if all that fails, just use xp in vmware :P

Well...