[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer linking takes forever on MinGW

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 22:11:01 CET 2010

Hi,

> what mingw setup did you use?

I used the recommended way - the Automated MinGW Installer, or
mingw-get. It downloads online all latest packages of MinGW and MSYS
from 10.2010 and installs them. The resulting GCC is 4.5.0.

I did this, because my previous MSYS/MinGW configuration (effective
GCC 3.4.x) exhibited the same problem with MPlayer. Previous (one year
ago) MPlayer svn checkouts worked just fine on the very same
configuration.

This is really, really strange. Tomorrow I will investigate further. I
just wanted to know if this behavior is known and if I'm not trying to
solve already solved problem.

> i built a few days ago and it worked for me.
> i installed tdm-gcc mingw and mingw.org gcc 4.4.0 on top of it.

I didn't know about TDM-GCC. Looks nice. Tomorrow I'll test it and
report the results.

Greetings,
Georgi