[MPlayer-dev-eng] DxVA in MPlayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Nov 23 22:21:17 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:17:36PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> I'm not going to ask you to try MPlayer ;-), even though I'd be curious,
> also using a ffmpeg-mt build since that can even out decode times
> between frames of hugely different complexity.

Hm, I realize you can probably get that with DXVA as well by decoding
a few frames ahead and trying to keep a buffer.
So if a frame took twice as long as it should the buffer size would
just shrink by one but things would still be smooth, and the buffer would
hopefully fill up again over time.
Of course it's not quite as easy to implement I guess, and it only
helps if it actually is the decoding that is the issue and not
e.g. memory bandwidth.