[MPlayer-dev-eng] DxVA in MPlayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Nov 19 23:11:53 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:53:21PM +0100, Laurent Aimar wrote:
> > As I understand it, I will have to implement only the VO (in a libvo
> > library). Please, correct me in this one - I won't have to write any
> > codec specific code (in libavcodec library). Is this right? My
> > observations say so.
>  You won't have to touch the libavcodec library but you will need to
> modify the code in mplayer that calls FFmpeg.

That wasn't necessary for any of the other acceleration formats and
I'm very close to saying there's no way I'll allow any Windows-specific
code in there.

>  I would think that doing the read back first might be easier as you
> would modify less mplayer code (ie the code you need to write would only
> touch vd_ffmpeg.c).

"Modify no MPlayer code" IMO absolutely must be the goal for this.
Having half a decoder in FFmpeg and the other half in MPlayer without
a technical reason is at the very least a maintainance nightmare.