[MPlayer-dev-eng] Export mp_basename in a function

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Nov 17 08:07:50 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:30:24PM +0100, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> > > Ok then, I'm going to commit it with the cast, but i'd like to make a
> > > second commit to use strdup()/free() for a few reasons:
> > >
> > >  - other modules in libmenu allocate and free the .txt fields entries just
> > >    like that
> >
> > That is (I hope) because it's actually necessary for those.
> >

> So it should be justified for menu_pt.c now too :)

No, a cast does not make it necessary at all, and I am
definitely not ok on changing rarely used code without
testing it for purely cosmetic reasons.
For example I do not know what the performance impact may be
with a huge number of files, and generally I don't really
want to review and test code just to get rid of a cast.