[MPlayer-dev-eng] Happy Birthday MPlayer!!!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Nov 11 00:01:45 CET 2010

Hi,

It was exactly 10 years ago, that I've released first MPlayer version, v0.01:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/old_stuff/releases/MPlayer-0.01.tar.gz
Yes, f*cking 10 years!!!! Nov 11, 2000... Time goes on so fast...

I want to thank you all for the contributions, patches, bugs, docs, testing etc.

Especially Michael Niedermayer, Fabrice Bellard and Nick Kurshev,
who made it to be the best & fastest open-source player!

And sorry Nick, I made a big mistake rejecting your multi-threaded patches.
Unfortunatelly your idea came too early, nobody (at least me) thought that
desktop PCs will ever have multiple CPUs...  and now that even cheap notebooks
and netbooks have multi-core CPUs, it would be very useful for HD playback...

Also special thanks to Gabucino, Pontscho and LGB, for your support in the
early days, when everybody thought i'm mad, working on video player for linux...

A'rpi

ps: Albeu, i'll never forgive your playtree patches :)