[MPlayer-dev-eng] subtitles directories

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Nov 10 13:38:48 CET 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:12:47 +0100, Clément Bœsch wrote:
>  4) now the new thing, if "subdirs" option specified:
>
>     o Track subs in each directory specified by subdirs
>
>     o default option could be "sub,subtitles"
>
>     o path could be relative and absolute: "/tmp/subs/,sub,subtitles"
>       will make the code tracks subtitles in the following directories:
>
>         /tmp/subs/
>         path/to/video/sub/
>         path/to/video/subtitles/
>
>     o Note that this options allows you to get that kind of tree in your
>       movies:
>
>       movies/movie001.avi
>       movies/movie002.avi
>       movies/ ...
>       movies/movie999.avi
>       movies/sub/movie001.srt
>       movies/sub/movie002.srt
>       movies/sub/ ...
>       movies/sub/movie999.srt
>
>       and same goes for every media directories.
>
>  5) Finally append subtitles from ~/.mplayer/sub just like it is done
>     currently.

an option to specify additional subdir(s) sounds fine. most people just
symlink movies/sub to ~/.mplayer/sub but i can see that being a problem
for some users. its probably best not to remove ~/.mplayer/sub for
backwards compatability. just an additional sub path search.

i hope we wont be adding options for everyones' silly movie setups.

-compn