[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to force max video output resolution

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Nov 5 16:57:40 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 12:23:36PM +0100, Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:
> How do i do that? I have e.g. tried to set vo_screenwidth/height to 640x480 at
> various places incl. config() and in the VOCTRL_UPDATE_SCREENINFO path of
> control(). But still mplayer tries to feed my driver with 854x480 pixels.

Together with -fs -zoom it probably should work.
However there is currently no way for a vo to say "I can't accept this
size, please scale it for me".
I once did an implementation, but it was never finished and with
fewer and fewer people using -vo xv with low-capability hardware
there was no real need for it anymore anyway.