[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to force max video output resolution

Till Harbaum / Lists lists at harbaum.org
Fri Nov 5 12:23:36 CET 2010

Hi,

i am writing a video out driver for some homebrew hardware of mine. It's a
fixed 640x480 device with BGR24 format.

Specifying the correct BGR24 format was a snap. But i can' t figure out how to
force a max resolution of 640x480 pixels. If a ask mplayer to play a 854x480
video it just doesn't understand that i want it to scale the video to at most
640x480 pixels. I don't return any VFCAP_HWSCALE_DOWN down flag, so i expected
mplayer to understand my hardware needs something < its physical size.

How do i do that? I have e.g. tried to set vo_screenwidth/height to 640x480 at
various places incl. config() and in the VOCTRL_UPDATE_SCREENINFO path of
control(). But still mplayer tries to feed my driver with 854x480 pixels.

I am sure the answer is pretty simple, but i can't figure it out ...

Thanks,
  Till