[MPlayer-dev-eng] Making lavf ogg demuxer the default

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon May 24 00:31:54 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:31:13PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 11:21:22PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, already found one issue, at least with
> > > http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/ogg/bgc.sub.dub.ogm
> > > seeking is extremely (I guess > 10x) slower...
> >
> > Is your last commit and the patch you submitted to ffmpeg-devel enough
> > to fix the issue?  I'm all for using lavf by default for Ogg demuxing.
>
> Well... For Windows and OS/2 I think it will only get it to the
> "barely acceptable" level.
> For POSIX-systems I am also not sure for systems that set siginterrupt to
> 0 by default, if that also applies to usleep.

I think performace should now be fairly ok in all cases.
Probably non-interleaved mov performance will be improved as well, at the
cost of high CPU wakeup load (there should be a bugzilla bug about that,
if someone wants to test - not it will only really help for locally stored
mov, not so much over http).