[MPlayer-dev-eng] New patches coming

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun May 23 17:28:44 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 05:11:40PM +0200, Dan Oscarsson wrote:
> I have made a quick test and added code to get vsync info through opengl
> calls, to the x11 code.
> Testing with -vo xv, -vo gl to see what happens when the a movie is
> played in same speed as refresh rate or faster.
> In standard mplayer or in Uoti's git-version audio-video will get out of
> sync or stall/jumpy frames.
> With my quick test code it works much better.
> So it looks like my frame scheduling code works quite well for other vos
> than vdpau too.

I'd say if it is not too huge, optional and preferably written so it
could use some other mechanism than OpenGL there's nothing speaking
against it.
I fear that it's not possible to get all of the above, so I'd say we'd
have to see the patches :-)
Even if it would be rejected ultimately, we might give you some good hints or
find bugs in your implementation that would be of use to you anyway.

Reimar