[MPlayer-dev-eng] New patches coming

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Thu May 20 14:30:13 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 09:23 +0200, Dan Oscarsson wrote:
> On 2010-05-20 at 02:18 +0300 Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 22:28 +0200, Benoît Amiaux wrote:
> > > I am interested in those patches too, since I am also unable to play
> > > video on 24Hz displays using mplayer.
> >
> > Which VO are you using currently using? There's already support for
> > VDPAU in git (very likely better than anything added by these patches,
> > though of course it's impossible to say for sure before they're actually
> > published), and I got the impression that the patches don't support any
> > VO other than VDPAU.
>
> Actually I have compared my code to yours and from my tests mine is as
> good or better.

Given your past patches I doubt this is true.

>  Actually, my basic simple code I added to vdpau nearly a
> year ago works quite well too.

The code you posted earlier had some pretty important limitations. If
you don't recognize those that doesn't exactly increase confidence in
any new patches.

If you believe your new patches are so great, then publish them instead
of just posting claims about their greatness. I at least will view such
unsupported claims with skepticism after seeing your past attempts.