[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] internal library copies

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Mar 26 11:05:41 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:44:42AM +0100, Dan Oscarsson wrote:

> > > Uh, this again to my knowledge is the only way to play LATM files.
> >
> > But are LATM files common?
>
> I think all h264-encoded DVB-T broadcasts from New Zealand, Norway and
> Denmark use LATM. So all who have a TV card in those (and nearby)
> countries and record TV gets files with LATM. So at least there it is
> common. I do not know what will happen when more and more countries
> start transmitting HD over DVB-T but it may be that even more couties
> will use the same format.

I just know about the following two LATM samples:

http://samples.ffmpeg.org/A-codecs/AAC/adts.latm
http://samples.ffmpeg.org/A-codecs/AAC/freetv_aac_latm.ts

Both fail to play with internal libfaad2, external libfaad2 and
FFmpeg.  Do working samples exist?  Right now there is no difference
between the external and the internal libfaad2, so claimed LATM support
is not a reason to keep the internal one.

Diego