[MPlayer-dev-eng] A-V sync improvement attempt

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Mon Mar 22 18:09:07 CET 2010

On 2010-03-22 at 14:45 +0100 ubitux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a video with a audio stream which starts 15 seconds after the
> beginning of the video; this is not well supported with mplayer. Indeed,
> each second, there is a 100ms readjustment, so it takes a while to get the
> video fully synchronized.
>
> We can handle the situation using forward/backward controls, -mc, or any
> -delay like options. But it's not the default behavior, mplayer should
> handle that.
>

> If no one wants to correct this in the proper manner, can you just give me
> a hint or two about this?

What is the proper manner?

I noted this in one of my movies too, and in my current A-V sync code I
use, mplayer syncs very quickly. But the correct way could be to start
playing the video without sound and start the audio later. That should
not be that difficult to add to my A-V sync code. The current standard
mplayer code always start audio immediately and sync video to it.

  Dan