[MPlayer-dev-eng] memalign usage within mplayer

Zuxy Meng zuxy.meng at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:03:59 CET 2010

Hi,

My personal build used to work perfectly on Windows but now is plauged
with Seg fault due to misaligned access with SSE code. After spending
dozens of minutes I found the root cause is mp_image.c uses memalign()
in mp_image_alloc_planes(), which has been defined to malloc() when
not present, and the pointer passes down to put_pixels16_sse2 somehow
via several functions like get_buffer() etc.

I wonder if some recent change has lead to this problem (did we use
av_malloc() and av_free() before?) or my builds just happened to work.
If the latter is true, is it reasonable to use av_malloc() and
av_free() for malloc() and free() across the project under such
scenario?

--
Zuxy
Beauty is truth,