[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] Re: what happened to the blu-ray support

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Wed Jun 30 22:12:17 CEST 2010

On 06/29/2010 11:06 PM, Benjamin Zores wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>> Benjamin Zores <ben <at> geexbox.org> writes:
>>
>>> *** It'll only work on descrambled BD right now. ***
>>
>> Which studio releases such discs?
>
> Which studio release disc with AACS only anymore ?
>
>> Alexander, please continue with the original approach.
>
> Ok, correction: this patch and the described procedure doesn't support
> descrambled BDs, libbluray does.
> Original approach allows you to decode a single stream (BDs are no
> longer for quite a while, they consist of multiple files stored in a
> binary playlist).
> In the end, any attempt to continue with current approach will lead to
> rewriting a libbluray, so it's a waste of time imho.
>
> Ben

I'd happy accept a working libbluray, but I'd suggest to keep the
sans-libaacs solution to have it working with a known set of VUKs. So à
la if libaacs is not found, we simply do the key discovery from the
keydb.cfg file and try our best. In this case, 2001 could be played
without a problem.

What are the legal implications of a library with BD plus? I understand
the ramifications of libaacs, but are there also problematic parts in BD+?

--
Cheers,
Alex