[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] Re: what happened to the blu-ray support

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Tue Jun 29 22:52:33 CEST 2010

2010/6/28 Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it>:
> On 06/28/2010 10:42 PM, Alexander Roalter wrote:

>>> Gcc 4.4 at home (IIRC) gcc 4.3.2 on the on-site 64bit, 4.2.4 on the
>>> 32bit machine.
>>>
>>> at home I have an OpenSuse 11.1 (or .2), here debian and ubuntu, resp.
>>>
>>> should I try with different -O settings?
>>>
>> I have compiled libavutil/aes.c withouth -O4 (from config.mak), and now
>> the results match.
>>
>> The video doesn't play, though... :(
>>
> Ok, now the video plays (stupid change from my part when fixing the
> patch according to the suggestions without further thinking).
>

> Ok, here comes the patch (with a very ugly routine to read from
> ~/.dvdcss/KEYDB.cfg the VUK for a known Blu-ray. if the key is not
> found, the routine bails out, if the KEYDB.cfg file is not found, too.
> Reading is very ugly with fgets and sscanf and strstr; I'm simply not
> used to working with these functions nowadays... perhaps it will come back.
>
> The syntax is still the same: mplayer bd://title@vuk/path, but VUK can
> now be any string, the disc still has to be mounted at /path.
>
> The integration in the Makefile is as it was before, don't know what
> should be done there.

Please forget about this patch.
Bluray support has to use libbluray and having this temporary code
really makes no sense as it clearly has no future.

Attached is a very rough patch that plays a BD through libbluray.
It's ugly and BD disc path is hardcoded but I really had no more time
on tonight.

Please test it and if it's working for you, then I'll work on it to
have a clean inclusion within MPlayer, with all cmdline options
parsing, slave mode control and such.

To test it out:
- fetch libbluray: git clone git://git.videolan.org/libbluray.git
- bootstrap/configure/make/install it
- patch mplayer SVN tree with attached patch.
- edit stream/stream_bd.c:102 to use your disc path instead.
- configure/build mplayer
- ./mplayer bd://

*** It'll only work on descrambled BD right now. ***

libbluray avantages:
- LGPL
- full MPLS and CLPI parsing: i.e. playlist support, titles / chapters
/ angles retrieval and switch
- no descrambling code in it: no licensing/redistribution issue
- if by any luck libaacs.so and libbdplus.so would be present in your
LD path, then it would however be possible to read scrambled BDs (but
that's not the point).

Ben