[MPlayer-dev-eng] what happened to the blu-ray support

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 16:26:19 CEST 2010

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:35:13 -0400
compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

> so use xine and stop trolling the developer list. the more we read
> and respond to flames, the less time we have to spend working on
> mplayer.

	I still think MPlayer is the best player of all. I use Xine
when I need PGS, but it has its problems too.

	And no, I'm not stealing developer's time, because I noticed
developers prefer to waste time replying here then coding... this "time
excuse" is bullshit. You do your time management. So organize yourself
and find some time to improve this area of MPlayer.

	But ok... if you write: "blu-ray features will not be supported
until 2015!" Ok, I stop complaining. I still think it will be supported
this year, but if you write "no", then it's ok... Let's declarate
MPlayer officialy stalled until 2015. Maybe Xine or even VLC can do a
better job. And if it happens, then all effort you put on MPlayer will
worth nothing.

	And you as a developer should assume a humble position and
accept critics. The pressure is what makes development goes faster.
It's a positive thing... and you think I'm "trolling", when I just want
a better and more complete MPlayer.

	Finally, if I don't express my oppinion, developers would think
"well, nobody cares about blu-ray, so it is a low priority on my list".

--
Linux 2.6.34: Sheep on Meth