[MPlayer-dev-eng] what happened to the blu-ray support

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sun Jun 27 20:20:01 CEST 2010

On 06/27/2010 08:11 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 07:35:34PM +0200, Alexander Roalter wrote:
>> Jonathan had an update to this patch posted, which I cannot get to work,
>> so I'm sticking with this...
>
> I'd appreciate it if you could get the last one posted to work,
> I can try to help debugging any issues.
> IIRC the other one was fairly close to ok, whereas this one
> hasn't really a chance.

Ok, this is the (compiling) version of the updated patch, but this
doesn't deliver a playback: I get stuck at

Playing bd://00000@C204905B20C64F997BC855A8353DF9AA/mnt/bd.
demux: File doesn't contain the selected audio or video stream.
MPEG: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :(

Exiting... (End of file)

and sometimes

MPlayer SVN-r31567-4.4 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

Playing bd://00000@C204905B20C64F997BC855A8353DF9AA/mnt/bd.

MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: demux_open
MPEG-PES file format detected.
demux: File doesn't contain the selected audio or video stream.
MPEG: FATAL: EOF while searching for sequence header.
Video: Cannot read properties.
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders

MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: init_audio_codec

It thinks it's MPEG-PES, where it is a VC-1 video, so decoding is
probably wrong at a very early stage.

On a sidenote: what would be nice -> being able to play bd://00000
instead of having to specify key and mount path. To that, getting the
key from the file is obviously no problem program wise, but obtaining
the discid requires getting the sha1 of a file AACS/Unit_Key_RO.inf
(believed to be unique). Is there any way accessing this without having
to mount the device, in the same way as it is not required for DVD
playback? Other than that, it's only a minor inconvenience, and one
could (mis-)use the -dvd-device for the mount path...

--
Cheers,
Alex