[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Sat Jun 26 13:37:56 CEST 2010

On 06/25/2010 06:55 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:25:53 +0000 (UTC)
> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>
>> Attila Kinali <attila <at> kinali.ch> writes:
>>
>>> Are there any known regressions or bugs that should be fixed
>>> before a release?
>>
>> My make-mc-1-default patch seems to have been caused a regression when playing
>> DVD's. If somebody can reproduce this, please revert.
>
> I'm actually not sure whether mc=1 does not cause various
> unwanted side effects. But i dont know enough about the
> timing code of mplayer to judge it.

What was the former setting of mc?

To the regression I observed: try playing a DVD (PAL or NTSC don't
matter) with dvdnav, let it play for a while, jump to the next chapter
(@ keystroke) and go back 10 seconds (← key) and let it play around the
chapter break.

Before the mc change I got an audible artifact, with the mc change I get
smooth audio, but jerky video playback at the chapter break and
sometimes mplayer prints out the *YOUR COMPUTER IS TOO SLOW TO PLAY
THIS* warning.

--
Cheers,
Alex