[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder: H264 & broken deInterlacing.

U. George netbeans at gatworks.com
Mon Jun 21 22:44:56 CEST 2010

On 06/21/2010 12:08 PM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> You never even bothered to say what the_problem_  is.

The symptoms are:
1) every field appears to become a frame,
2) mencoder translating doubles clock time, halvs clock time, just not
the same as the priginal 30 seconds clip,
3) bogus duplicate frames,
4) bogus skipped frames,
5) "no picture" error/warning,
6) buffer full,
7) buffer full err clears after 100% done.

This was all explained on the user list.

On the devel list, I need to trace the "no picture" error/warning.
Eventually there will be something in the code as to why the second
field is not used the way it was ment to be used.

Anyway:
the dup/error/skiped frame tallies appears to be a result of:
mencoder.c: main() which appears(?) in part to be caused by h264 (et al)
routines failure to recombine the fields into one picture.

> default:
>     // decode_video will callback down to ve_*.c encoders, through the video filters
>     {void *decoded_frame = decode_video(sh_video,frame_data.start,frame_data.in_size,
>       skip_flag>0 && (!sh_video->vfilter || ((vf_instance_t *)sh_video->vfilter)->control(sh_video->vfilter, VFCTRL_SKIP_NEXT_FRAME, 0) != CONTROL_TRUE), MP_NOPTS_VALUE);
>     blit_frame = decoded_frame && filter_video(sh_video, decoded_frame, MP_NOPTS_VALUE);}
>
>     if (sh_video->vf_initialized < 0) mencoder_exit(1, NULL);
>
>     if(!blit_frame){
>       if (play_n_frames >= 0)
>         play_n_frames++;
>       badframes++;
>       if(skip_flag<=0){
>         // unwanted skipping of a frame, what to do?
>         v_timer_corr-=(float)mux_v->h.dwScale/mux_v->h.dwRate;

AND if its an ffmpeg error, it appears that getting FFMPEG debugging
assistance relies on the usage of their latest release ( ffmpeg-0.6 ) of
the code. I cannot yet tell what version of ffmpeg u folks are using.
AND replacing your ffmpeg with the latest ffmpeg is problematical.