[MPlayer-dev-eng] About mplayer for Android

Oh-keun Kwon pinebud at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:51:36 CEST 2010

I don't know this email is appropriate for eng mailing list.

I am trying to porting mplayer to android-x86 environment as a media engine.
I made some progress to play in very specific device, but there is still
many questions and problems. Please try following code if you are
interested. git://vilivs5.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/mplayer.git(eclair-x86
branch).

My questions and problems are..
1. First of all, is there already this kind of porting -_-?
2. I failed to make mplayer as a thread safe library. Android seems to use
many thread to play and make thumnail at the same time, and mplayer seems to
use many global variables for state sharing. Is there known best way to make
mplayer a library?
3. There is chopping in the sound playback. I modified ao_null to manage
timing and just copied the decoded PCM to Android AudioSink. Is there a way
to manage decoded audio size too big or too small without interacting with
actual audio out device?
4. Can I tell mplayer to use specific char encoding in sub? I tried korean
sub but it is all broken. The smi file was not encoded as unicode.

Thanks for your great efforts..