[MPlayer-dev-eng] libdvdread: seqfault and patch to fix it

Morten Sjøgren m_abs at mabs.dk
Sun Jul 11 00:35:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've found a seqfault in the libdvdread.

I found it in the libdvdread package used by kubuntu, which is from the
http://git.debian-maintainers.org/?p=daniel/libdvdread.git but I'm pretty
sure it's a problem with mplayers version too.

The seqfault happens in src/ifo_read.c on line 1353, function
ifoFree_PTL_MAIT.

I've tracked it to an earlier point in the program in the function
ifoRead_PTL_MAIT in the same file around line 1304.

The message "libdvdread: Unable to seak PTL_MAIT table." is triggered and
the variable ptl_mait was freed but the pointer on ifofile->ptl_mait wasn't
set to zero.
This makes the function ifoFree_PTL_MAIT attempt to free the data, even
though it has already been freed.

My patch which is attached to the email fixes the problem by simply setting
ifofile->ptl_mait = 0.

I've also written Daniel Baumann who seems to maintain the debian package,
as I'm not sure who maintains the upstream for this.

-
Morten Sjøgren