[MPlayer-dev-eng] Replace the debian/ packaging directory

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Thu Jul 29 16:42:36 CEST 2010

Hey there,

I'd like to propose to replace the existing debian/ packaging with my
packaging I'm doing for Ubuntu.

If accepted, I intend to additionally:

 - compile against internal ffmpeg
 - have debian/changelog generated in order to include the svn revision
   in the package revision properly
 - provide scripts to create both source packages and binary packages

The idea is to setup a cron job or something that uses the latter script
to unattendedly upload daily builds to an ubuntu PPA, which will then
build ubuntu packages for i386 and amd64 automatically for us.

Unlike my packages for debian, this packaging will create mencoder and
mplayer-gui packages, and link against lame, x264 and xvid. This is the
only difference to debian. Debian users can use this packages of course
as well, they just need to ensure that these packages are available in
their build environment.

Any objections to this plan?

--
Gruesse/greetings,