[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Thu Jul 29 15:38:40 CEST 2010

On 29.07.2010 14:50, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 08:38:07AM -0400, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 06:07:43 (EDT), Attila Kinali wrote:
>>
>>> As ffmpeg-0.6 has been released, we should start thinking
>>> about doing an rc4 release, because rc3 does not compile with
>>> ffmpeg-0.6. This is a problem for all distros which whant to
>>> link mplayer against the system ffmpeg/lav*.
>>
>> I've now finally created the RC4 branch. It wasn't trivial to find a
>> good revision that still works with ffmpeg 0.6, but I think I found a
>> decent one.
>
> Could you repeat which revision you based it on? Was it r31664 as we discussed
> at one point?
> I think the vobsub.c crash bugfix (r31787) is backport-worthy.
> Should you have branched a version that contains av_sub.c it might be a
> good idea to remove/disable it, since it will leak quite some memory
> (ffmpeg 0.6 does not contain the function to free the decoded subtitles).
I'm not sure it has to do with this special thread, but when I play a
dumped DVD (vob), mplayer now automatically shows a subtitle.
I have some vague memory that the default demuxer was changed lately (to
lavf?) and while previously I had to specify -sid 0 to have subtitles
and being able to switch them later with 'j', omitting -sid did disable
subtitles, so pressing 'j' during the movie did nothing.

Now it is different: simply mplayer stream.dump plays the movie, and the
subtitles appear, and if I press 'j' I see 'selected subtitle 0',
pressing 'j' again I see 'selected subtitle 1' etc. until the last one
has reached, then 'subtitles disabled', then again 'subtitle 0' etc.

What is wrong IMHO is that the initial state is not subtitle disabled,
but some subtitle is already selected, after which there follows subtitle 0.

sorta like:

(unidentified first state)

disabled  <=  9  <=  8  <=  7  <=  6  <=  5

--
cheers,
Alex