[MPlayer-dev-eng] announcing ncmjb

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jul 27 20:26:25 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 08:11:08PM +0200, zstegi wrote:
> i created yet another but this time mostly complete java binding for
> mplayer. you can find it under http://code.google.com/p/ncmjb/. thanks
> to all for such a great software.

Please don't let my following ramblings discourage you in any way, I just
have to make that kind of comment sometimes...
I just wished someone came up with a way that doesn't have horrible
performance.
If I had a lot of spare time and motivation, I'd probably try to write
a stub libGL (well, even reusing the X11 indirect GLX protocol might
be an option if it's fast enough) that forwards the GL instructions to
the Java App which then executes it to render the video with colourspace
conversion, OSD rendering and all those other features that -vo gl
offers...