[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Sat Jul 10 18:38:28 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 11:53:05 (EDT), Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>> > No. If the intention is to link against ffmpeg 0.6 libgsm will be needed
>> > for GSM decoding that way though, unless you go back to before the removal
>> > of the native decoder (though since that one is basically an included copy
>> > of libgsm I don't think you want that).
>>
>> I guess for the sake of a usable release, I guess we should indeed go
>> back just before the removal of the native decoder, just as you
>> suggested.
>
> Why, can't you build Debian FFmpeg against libgsm?

Oh, I had the understanding that mplayer bundled a rather old copy of
libgsm and the current version (debian stable is at 1.0.12, squeeze will
ship 1.0.13) won't work. I've now checked and this is clearly wrong, so
removal of the internal libgsm is surely no showstopper for rc4!

So what's the your favorite branch cadidate right now?

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4