[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Sat Jul 10 17:32:51 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 09:41:43 (EDT), Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 09:32:56AM -0400, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

>> > Well, DVD subtitles might now be a bit broken after my recent commit.
>> > I also intend to add PGS subtitle support, however until someone oks
>> > my API change request for FFmpeg it will leak memory.
>>
>> so r31662 might be a good branch candidate then. Or did you refer to
>> some earlier commit?
>
> No. If the intention is to link against ffmpeg 0.6 libgsm will be needed
> for GSM decoding that way though, unless you go back to before the removal
> of the native decoder (though since that one is basically an included copy
> of libgsm I don't think you want that).

I guess for the sake of a usable release, I guess we should indeed go
back just before the removal of the native decoder, just as you
suggested.

this is of course suboptimal distro wise, but it seems to be the best
option that we can do right now.

Attila, Diego, what do you think?

--
Gruesse/greetings,