[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Sat Jul 10 16:58:13 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:07:43PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Are there any known regressions or bugs that should be fixed
> before a release?

I ran my codec test suite (mostly binary) against current trunk, and it's
bombing left and right. Something central has changed, although I cannot say
exactly what, nor whether it's something benign (ie. some roundoff somewhere
changed) or sign of a real bug. (FWIW, the test asks MPlayer to decode a
sample to an yuv4mpeg output and then compares its checksum to a known one,
so it will certainly be sensitive to changes in roundoff.)

Does anyone have any good ideas that would save me from a long bisect?
The tests are:

Passing: fraps qt3ivx qtavui qtcvid qtprores qtsvq3 rv40win wmv9dmo wmvdmo wmvvc1dmo
Failing (different output): divxds ffh264 indeo5 msuscls qt261 smartsight vp6 vp7 vsswlt wmv8 zmbv

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/