[MPlayer-dev-eng] dvdnav:// and corevideo not working

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 21:03:27 CEST 2010

On Jul 5, 2010, at 2:45 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 14:41:45 -0400
> Ergzay <ergzay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've noticed of late that dvdnav:// doesn't seem to work anymore.
>> It fails with saying "Error opening/initializing the selected video_out
>> (-vo) device." when using corevideo output. Is this just related to
>> corevideo or is this with all VO's? Is what's causing this bug known?
>
> As someone who has been around MPlayer for quite some time you
> should alredy know that:
>
> 1) That the line length in mail should be limited to less than 75 characters
>   (see Netiquette)
> 2) Unconfirmed bugreports belong to -users and not -dev-eng
> 3) "does not work" is not a bugreport and you should always follow
>   bugreports.html. Otherwise it is impossible to know what you are doing
>   and what the cause of your problems might be.

1) I had thought that was automatically done by the mailing list control system. Also, my client doesn't have any way of restricting the line length automatically. Does everyone count their character count per line manually?
2) Sorry, but when I've sent bug reports to -users they are often ignored with no responses so I ended up not sending in bug reports as it was a waste of time.
Although I've just noticed the reason for this rule as I realized the cause of this bug was my own doing from some bad settings in mplayer config file.

So lets kill this thread. Sorry again.

Matthew Lindner