[MPlayer-dev-eng] playing an AVI with two video streams as stereo movie?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jul 4 22:20:00 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 11:53:19AM -0400, compn wrote:
> an option to change this at runtime , e.g. 0 for red-blue 1 for
> red-cyan 2 for red-green 3 for magenta-cyan and 4 for specify your
> own glasses in hex values :P

I have a hard time believing red-blue has real value.
You lose a whole colour channel, so you can forget completely
about colour reproduction, plus the eyes are most sensitive to green.
Similar for red-green.
And I hope nobody would be so silly to try magenta-cyan, blue would end
up on both eyes...
Apart from that, as said I never managed to consider "analglyph" (quoted
from you, seemed so fitting :-)) anything useful, except for testing the
3D suport without requiring special hardware (which is essential for
a maintainable solution)...